Mike Ball Dive Expeditions is the leading liveaboard dive company in Australia and is synonymous with world class dive sites and exceptional customer service
The company is now recognized as one of Australia’s most successful with 3 twin hull liveaboards. Catamaran designs have been chosen for all of the vessels to provide unsurpassed comfort and stability.
Mike Ball Dive Expeditions introduced a formal Solo Diving Program on the vessels, which allow suitably experienced and equipped divers to dive on their own. This has proved extremely popular with underwater photographers and diving professionals who often have a need to dive without a buddy.
‘Spoilsport’ is based in Cairns, Australia and is suitable for the adventurous diver seeking big fish, deep walls and shark action. You can explore the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef, the remote oceanic reefs in the Coral Sea plus the legendary Cod Hole.
Catamaran vessels provide more space and comfort with less rock and roll. Special services include one crewmember for every 3 guests, exceptional meals, underwater photo & video service, unlimited diving, nitrox and solo diving.
In 2004, at Grand Cayman Islands, Mike Ball joined diving greats like Jacques Yves Cousteau and Has Hass as an inductee into the Scuba Diving Hall of Fame. Mike was the first Australian dive operator and the world’s first live-aboard operator to receive this recognition. He was honoured for his contribution to the growth and development of scuba diving and his pioneering efforts in the liveaboard industry.
Mike Ball Diving operate three liveaboard trips from Cairns:
- FLY DIVE CORAL SEA a 4 night northbound trip to the Cod Hole and Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea departing on a Thursday night at 6 pm and flying back to Cairns on a Monday returning at 11 am. Includes 14 dives.
- FLY DIVE COD HOLE a 3 night southbound trip that visits the Cod Hole and the stunning Ribbon Reefs (does not go to the Coral Sea), departing Cairns on a Monday – flying to Lizard Island and meeting up with our vessel for a southbound trip. Includes 12 dives.
- CORAL SEA SAFARI a 7 night trip that combines the above trips (minus the flight as guests stay on board northbound and southbound), leaving Thursday at 6 pm and returning Thursday 8 am. Unlimited dives included!
SPOILSPORT Coral Sea Safari
Spoilsport has been honoured with more excellence awards than any other liveaboard dive vessel in the area. She has received 10 Rodale’s Reader Choice awards including Best Liveaboard Staff, Best Food and Best Value. Supersport is very spacious and stable with a very large well-equipped dive deck as well as a very spacious sundeck, al fresco deck and saloon.
Spoil sport Service Cod Hole and Fly Dive Coral Sea
- 250 km low level reef flight
- Complimentary Reef Tax payment.
- Complimentary Ref Ecology Certificate Course.
- Complimentary Resort Course for non- divers.
- Complimentary soft drinks and wine.
- Chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks.
- Twin or double cabins most with ocean views. Average occupancy is 18.3
- Daily cabin service with chocolate on pillow.
- Warm towels after each dive
- Photo Service